Athletic Enhancements - Phase I
Over the past decade, GMAHS has invested over $8 million deepening the impact of our creative arts, learning environments and curriculum. Key projects have included:
- A Performing Arts Center and Arts Wing
- A state-of-the-art Learning Commons
- An updated Chemistry Lab
- Collaborative classrooms, and
- Expanded AP offerings and honors courses
We have now turned our focus to strengthening our athletics offering.
With a multi-phase plan to enhance athletics offerings for all students, GMAHS aspires to:
- Provide a consistent, year-round, all-weather playing and running surface
- Improve student-athlete safety
- Create competitive facilities for student use
- Offer a versatile facility for school-sanctioned activities
- Stay competitive against top regional programs
- Enable improved athletic performance.
GMAHS athletics programs have immediate and lasting effects. Practicing and competing on synthetic turf surfaces is becoming one of the most important factors for college athletic recruitment. To provide students with the best opportunity to go to her top choice college or university, GMAHS must address this issue, and now is the time.
This first phase initiative includes:
- Low maintenance, multi-sport, synthetic turf field for lacrosse, soccer, and field hockey
- Expanded track and field areas
- Barrier netting behind goals
- Spectator stands
- Perimeter fencing
- Enhanced Natural Grass