Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School seeks to employ those who will continue to maintain the Christian environment and tradition of academic excellence begun in Philadelphia in 1861. In keeping with the Mercy charism of commitment to social justice, the Academy attempts to provide conditions of employment that will contribute to both the individual development of the employee and corporate growth of the institution.
Gwynedd Mercy Academy supports and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in any term, condition or privilege of employment to all employees and applicants. No person will be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age national origin, disability or military status.
Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School seeks a creative, dedicated and results-oriented Director of Annual Giving to join the School’s Advancement Team. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Director of Annual Giving is responsible for the leadership, management and execution of the School’s annual giving program, in particular The Mercy Fund. Principally, the Director of Annual Giving is responsible for the design and implementation of a comprehensive solicitation plan involving direct mail, email, social media, phone, volunteer engagement and personal solicitation to increase annual giving participation and grow a sustainable tradition of annual support for the School.
· Design and implement a yearly comprehensive plan and calendar involving direct mail, email, social media, phone and volunteer engagement for each constituent group—alumnae (5,000+), parents and grandparents, faculty and staff, and friends—to achieve annual giving goals.
· Perform data analysis related to all aspects of the annual giving program, and use statistics to evaluate each strategy and make recommendations for program changes.
· Manage a portfolio of annual giving leadership prospects of $1,861+ and conduct 4 to 6 visits per month, with the ultimate goal to increase membership in the School’s annual giving leadership group, the 1861 Society.
· Manage, as well as recruit, train, and support fundraising volunteers, for an Alumnae/Class Annual Giving Program, with special emphasis on Reunion Classes; a Parent Annual Giving Program; and a Faculty and Staff Annual Giving Program.
· Expand the School’s corporate matching gift program.
· Work with the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop impactful messaging and communications for The Mercy Fund, and manage the web presence for The Mercy Fund.
· Plan, develop and monitor an annual giving budget to support the strategy.
· Collaborate with the Director of Advancement, Director of Advancement Services, and Director of Parent and Donor Relations on donor stewardship programs, including gift acknowledgements, donor events and the annual Honor Roll of Donors, as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Knowledge of and commitment to embrace the mission of Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Two to three years of fundraising or related sales experience preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge or comparable fundraising software preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong technical and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to think creatively.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to multi-task.
· Track record in relationship building and managing and motivating volunteers.
· Professional demeanor and strict adherence to confidentiality.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
· Willingness and ability to travel and occasionally work nights and weekends, as required.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit materials to be considered for an interview. The following should be submitted by email in PDF format: 1) cover letter aligning your skills, experiences, and interests with the leadership requirements of the position; 2) current résumé; and 3) a list of three (3) references (contact information only)—no references will be contacted until a serious mutual interest has been established, and not without prior approval of the candidate. Please submit materials to: Cindy DeCandido at firstname.lastname@example.org.