The student internships are a stipend position. It is estimated that an internship should involve a total of 50 hours per school year. It should not take the place of volunteer activities done by clubs, etc. Upon completion of the program, interns will receive a stipend of $500.
- Interns will be selected by completing a short essay on what they bring to the internship and submitting it to the director sponsoring the internship.
- Interns will have a series of short, weekly meetings with their director. The purpose of these meetings (which can be 15-30 minutes long) is to brainstorm on projects. A project that fits will have the following characteristics:
- A project of value to Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School – not busy work- but also a project that doesn’t have a tight deadline.
- A project that can realistically be completed within the timeframe of the internship.
- Each application should include 2-3 simple goals for the internship – what the student wants to get out of the experience.
- The intern will keep track of her hours and submit to the director monthly.