Alumnae Ministry & Service Opportunities
Alumnae Day of Service 2024
Each year, Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School alumnae, students, faculty, and staff celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day by completing a Day of Service. Alumnae across the country spend time serving their local communities, and this year, those in the Philadelphia area and their children are invited to gather at Gwynedd to participate in activities to support the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund and Caring for Friends.
Please join us on Monday, January 15, 2024 to give back to your local community in honor of our Mercy roots on the third annual Alumnae Day of Service. Gather with fellow alumnae, bring your family and friends, or do any of our service activities yourself. Local alumnae will gather at GMAHS from 10AM-12PM.
Can't make it in person? Join us remotely by...
- Purchasing items from the GMA Day of Service wishlist and have them shipped directly to GMA. We will be using these to assemble sensory boxes and snack bags during the Day of Service.
- Making a casserole dish at home and drop off at GMA on January 15 or at one of the many Caring for Friends freezer site locations throughout Philadelphia and the suburbs.
- Donating to Strawberry Market
The Alumnae Association Board's Ministry and Service Committee, in partnership with Alison McGrorty-Crotts, M.D., M.P.H. '04, supports Strawberry Market, a food and necessities pantry for the patients of Strawberry Mansion Health Center in North Philadelphia.
The Gwynedd community is the exclusive provider for the market, so we are asking for continued support to keep it fully stocked! The market is in need of all items on its wishlist.
Items are available to the patients free of charge. The COVID-19 pandemic ravaged this already-struggling neighborhood, leaving many patients unable to work or provide basic necessities for their families. With the help of the Alumnae Association, we have kept the market stocked with food, personal care items, clothing, and cleaning supplies since May 2021.
Items can be purchased directly from the Strawberry Mansion Pantry Target Wish List and will ship directly to Dr. McGrorty-Crotts or items can be dropped off in a bin located inside Gwynedd's front door at any time.
How to support Strawberry Market
- Purchase items directly from the Strawberry Mansion Pantry Target Wish List and ship directly to Dr. McGrorty-Crotts
- Drop items off in a bin located inside Gwynedd's front door
- Purchase a Target gift card and send it to email@example.com
- Send money via Venmo to @strawberrymarket
- Make a check out to Alison McGrorty-Crotts and mail to GMAHS
Shop the Strawberry Market Wish List
Note: Please keep your donations consistent with the brands listed on the Target registry list, so patients can shop the pantry just like they would any other store. This list is ever growing and evolving, so please continue to check back.