COVID-19 Mitigation Information
Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School is dedicated to the health and safety of our school community.
Policies and procedures are in place to ensure the health and safety of the entire Gwynedd community. As we continue to monitor health guidelines and recommendations from the CDC and Montgomery County Department of Health, your continued patience and flexibility over the coming school year are appreciated as we may anticipate adjustments based upon the guidance.
When school resumes for this coming school year the students will be fully in person:
- Anyone who wishes to wear a mask should continue to do so.
- Those who are unvaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear a mask at all times.
- While masks will be optional, there will be conditions when masks will be required, particularly when a student returns to school after a quarantine.
At this time, masks are not required for student athletes of outdoor sports and sporting events while actively engaged in athletic performance. We will continue to monitor this during the school year.
- Gwynedd will continue to perform rapid testing when a student is not feeling well. Parents will be contacted by the nurse for consent before any testing will be administered to your daughter. Results can be obtained in 15 minutes.
- Students who are feeling ill should NOT come to school to be tested. They should remain at home and contact your family physician for recommendations and pursue testing options.
- Individuals testing positive will be contacted by the nurse and will be required to abide by the Montgomery County Office of Public Health School COVID-19 Isolation & Quarantine Guidelines.
- Rapid Tests are now available for Free through the US government. Tests can be ordered using the following link. COVIDtests.gov - Free at-home COVID-19 tests. Once ordered tests should be received in 7-12 business days.
- If your daughter should test positive for Covid-19, virtual learning will be enabled for the dates of isolation and quarantine.
- Please refer to the Student Handbook to access the Virtual Learning Policy.
We will continue to work with Montgomery County Health Department to contact trace any students, faculty, and staff members with a positive COVID-19 test result, whether through surveillance testing or diagnostic tests. Students, faculty, and staff who are “close contacts” and who are fully vaccinated will not need to quarantine. Students, faculty, and/or staff who test positive for COVID-19 will need to isolate, regardless of vaccination status.
Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School will follow the guidance provided by the Montgomery County Health Department. In the event of a positive case, member(s) of the school community may return to our campus in accordance with the guidelines of the Montgomery County Health Department.
The following provides a listing of COVID-19 vaccination clinics administered by the Montgomery County Office of Public Health as well as select other local clinics. Please note that walk-ins are welcome at all clinics unless otherwise noted. Appointments are typically recommended to keep wait times low.
Facilities Cleaning, Sanitizing, Disinfecting, and Ventilation
- Enhanced cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting standards will continue.
- HVAC Units have been serviced and filters will continue to be replaced regularly.
- Adequate sanitizing and disinfecting supplies will be available to support healthy hygiene practices.