Celebrating the Class of 2022
In light of COVID-19, event details are subject to change. Senior families will be kept informed via email of any changes.
Commencement is Saturday, June 4, at 10:30am. Commencement is a formal ceremony; students are representing graduates of the Academy originated by the Sisters of Mercy and the girls' dresses signify the celebration of their academic success.
Graduation tickets will be distributed to the Class of 2022 by the Activities Office in late April. Each graduate will receive 2 reserved tickets and 4 general admission tickets. If a family member is in need of special accommodations, please contact Sister Susan Myslinski in the Activities Office at email@example.com.
Graduation dresses should reflect the modesty of youth. Dresses must be “summer” white (not “winter” white or ivory,) ankle length, and may not have a train. This means:
- No deep cleavage or bare backs
- Strapless dresses are not permitted
- Refrain from sequins on the dress.
- Consider a slip if the dress is not lined because of the stage lighting.
Shoes and Gloves: Each girl must have formal white shoes (classic pumps are appropriate) and arm length white gloves.
Some girls choose to wear flowers in their hair. Please keep in mind that a ribbon (approximately 16”) with graduation medal must be able to fit over their head.
Photos: Professional photographers/videographers will be covering the ceremony. Parents and attendees may take pictures from their seats but will not be permitted to move around during the ceremony.
- The Mother Mary Bernard Gold Medal of Honor
- The Karen D'Lauro '60 Gold Medal for School Spirit
- Sister Mary Loyola Hold Medal for Helpfulness
- The Michele Granozio '86 Medal for Leadership, Loyalty and Example of Christian Womanhood
- The Mother Margaret Mary Gold Medal for Highest General Average
- Gold Medal for Excellence in Each Academic Discipline