Mission and Belief Statements
Rooted in the Catholic faith and charism of Mercy, Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School educates, inspires, and empowers young women to be merciful in spirit, innovative in thought, and courageous in leadership.
We believe in the spirit of Mercy.
- Acknowledging God as our core of existence, we model our lives on Jesus Christ.
- Positive moral and Catholic values are fundamental to personal growth, social responsibility and global competency.
- Gwynedd Mercy’s foundation is built on the core values of compassion, justice, service, and respect for the dignity of all persons. These values are the charism of Catherine McAuley, the foundress of the Sisters of Mercy.
We believe in the strength of community.
- Through ongoing service, the Gwynedd Mercy community fosters respect for the dignity of all persons.
- Students become competent, compassionate women in an enriched, balanced environment cultivated by positive role models.
- Faculty, in collaboration with parents, motivate and challenge each young woman to achieve her highest potential.
We believe in the value of education.
- Participation in the Mercy Education System of the Americas (MESA) spans six countries and offers a global perspective to our students.
- Gwynedd Mercy develops and nurtures the whole person: intellectually, spiritually, morally, physically, emotionally, and socially.
- Educators inspire a fundamental love of life-long learning that requires reflection and action.
We believe in the power of women.
- Each student succeeds in a supportive environment that encourages development of her distinct abilities, talents, and interests.
- Gwynedd women are educated, inspired, and empowered by Mercy to effect change for the greater good.
- Through the global network of Mercy sisterhood, Gwynedd Alumnae advance Mercy charism and offer opportunities for mentoring and paths to success in careers for all women.